vaporous
[html]

I suckkkkk. +3

The coywolf glanced at the younger canine with a small smirk, watching her more slender lupus form shake itself out. Her own secui shape seemed bulky at the moment, though in all actuality it was in perfect proportion for a full-blooded wolf. She would probably remain like this, however, as four legs were four legs, and her soaked coat would only freeze in the cold late winter air. She licked a patch of brown fur on her shoulder then listened to Wraith’s suggestion, thinking then nodding.

“Ichika no Ho-en is the peaceful pack north of the mountains,” Vesper said, her correction coming easily though she hoped that was the one Wraith was referring to. She didn’t want to speak of Salsola to the more innocent of her clan mates. “But that sounds good.” A tail-wag accompanied her agreement before she shook herself once more then began to walk north toward the Halcyon-mountain boundary, trusting the ruddy girl to follow.

She spoke lightly as her pale paws brushed the snow. “So I guess you were born here? You mentioned your father—though I don’t know who he is, either.” Her casual tone grew brisk with her pace as she realized she was treading on dangerous ground. Her own upbringing made her wary of speaking of parents in general.

And so she fell silent, ears swiveling as they approached the edge of Inferni territory. She normally enjoyed patrolling alone, allowing every sight and sound and smell to seep into her mind. Vigilance was a requirement rather than a special skill when it came to mangy coyote loners, and so it came as second nature to her. Now, however, she had no trouble breaking the telling silence with conversation; she wanted to know more about her scouts and her clan mates in general. It might not show, but she was almost as awkward and hopeful of approval as the youth was.

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; }
.vesper-oo8 t {font-style:italic; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; }
.vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread