vaporous
[html]

We could maybe start wrapping this up soon? Since you have exams and this has been going on since February. xD

The other’s eager nod of agreement drew a smile to the scarred woman’s lips, though she turned her head under the guise of surveillance to hide it. She wished that she’d had someone to teach her in the early days. Her mother had taught her the necessities of survival, of course, and Vesper had picked up on those skills and mastered them independently at a young age. But beyond that she had been mentored solely by her own hunger and the beasts of the woods and grasslands.

Cornflower blue eyes scanned the trees lining the foothills as honey-gold ones did, her nose pointed into the wind. Nothing seemed amiss, but the girl spoke up and pointed out a freshly cracked branch on a cedar. She nodded, wondering if a drunken eagle had tried to snatch a meal off the tree, but the break was too low to the ground.

She passed the youth and sniffed around as well, coming up with nothing that Wraith hadn’t already. “The scent is old and faint, but probably raccoon. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.” She snuffed at the dirt again then backed away, wagging her tail as she glanced at her charge. “That was really observant of you, though. I’d missed it,” she admitted. “Might be good if there’re hidden traps out there.”

Of course, Vesper didn’t like the thought of there being traps for coyotes, but the clan was at peace for now. She wagged her tail again, grinning affectionately at the young coyote. “You could turn into a great scout,” she said, and meant it.

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo9 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e8c6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vesper-oo9 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo9 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#e2e0db; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6s7CO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605e59; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#605e59; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread