Frenemies?!
[html]

I hope your thumb heals quickly! :c And the wait's fine; I was overwhelmed with threads earlier, haha, so it was a nice break. +3

The days of youthful foolishness had passed from Vesper, who might have confronted this old she-wolf with snapping jaws and a cocky stride when she was but a yearling venturing angrily out in the world. She had grown many years with the passing of one, however, and she didn’t need excellent hindsight to see how she might have treated this situation before. She had more than just her own reputation riding on her shoulders now; her pride in her clan and her ideals about equality rode along with something trivial. She would do Inferni proud by not succumbing to its stereotypes, succumbing to the bloodlust of its war-torn past.

The moment of danger had passed, it seemed, as some of the tension eased from the black wolf. Her voice, though far from friendly, carried less of an edge, although Vesper still snorted at it.

“Some Infernians probably should; I’ve heard the stories.” She allowed the old woman that much, and she knew she would have to learn more about the dark past that caused everyone to look at Infernians so. “I respect my current comrades for not being blind and bloodthirsty, however. I would not bow my head to a leader who wreaked havoc for the sake of havoc.”

She ignored the growl directed at her smug words, knowing that they would incite some anger. She’d have no trouble goading the woman into a fight then besting her with a young but experienced body in its prime. However, if there was blood shed on this day, it would be a mistake of the New Dawn wolf—and the wolf seemed to have the wisdom suited to her commendable age.

“I know Zalen,” Vesper replied. “We’re of like minds, actually; I respect New Dawn for returning to true wolf roots. A different me might have run with you, to tell you the truth.” She shrugged, knowing that it was somewhat dangerous to admit such a thing to the stranger. She was loyal to Inferni through and through, but she still wondered what might had happened had she not been infected with the virus. New Dawn would have been a haven for her.

“I’m Vesper,” the coywolf added as she was asked, allowing the rest of her posture to relax. The defensive gruffness had disappeared from her voice completely as she recognized they were approaching peace. “And I’m sorry if Inferni caused you harm in the past.” She truly meant it. “Everyone has their ghosts,” she added, as she had once told Tayui.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread