history is written by the victors
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 388

When the return yelp came from an unanticipated direction, Vesper lowered her ears sheepishly. She might have cursed herself for not checking around the house first, but she was sure such skulking would only make the situation more awkward than it was. Quickly, however, large ears tilted forward again with friendly curiosity, and in lieu of a wave she smirked warmly at the sight of the tawny woman.

Paler blue eyes followed the other’s attention toward the horses, but only a quick shifting of her position that could’ve passed off as physical discomfort from standing showed her unease around the large animals. She still couldn’t quite figure out how some canines managed mastery over them while others even let the beasts dominate, and the different handling styles made her suspicious of new horses. She recognized the roan, but the golden-brown one looked new. Not that she really had any knowledge of what animals dwelled in Inferni, save the edible ones.

Myrika trotted quickly to her, and the smaller hybrid glanced at the gifts as they were indicated. She laughed shortly, holding them up a little for inspection. “Didn’t know if you’d want lunch,” she said. “And the antler looked cool, I guess; it’s pretty big.” She twisted it around in her hands, careful not to drop the limp rabbit flopped over it. “Couldn’t find the other one, but I figured you might be able to do something with this one, whether useful or pretty or both.” She was still learning to appreciate art, but she did know for certain that she couldn’t do anything of the sort with her own hands. The Praetorian would likely have better luck.

“Also, I was wondering…” She cocked her head, one hand shifting its grip on the antler as it was denied the freedom of scratching at her scalp. “I mean, I wanted to come see you anyway, but I’ve realized lately that I know jack shit about Inferni when it comes to anything beyond the basic stuff.” Admitting this was risky, not that she thought Myri would call the Optio out for not knowing her own clan’s customs; but it still took a little give from the proud coywolf to say this. “I thought you might be able to tell me a little bit about its history, things like that.”

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread