history is written by the victors
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 328 :: Crappypost >__>

The gift was accepted, and as an invisible weight was lifted off her chest, Vesper realized how uncharacteristically uncertain she’d been about offering the antler. She supposed it was because she didn’t know how a luperci would use such a thing, but Myrika seemed resourceful. Her pale claws scraping ever so lightly across the bony appendage, she nodded then grinned when the taller woman agreed to tell her some of the clan history. Acceptance, once again—something the independent coywolf strove for even though she didn’t particularly feel like she needed it. Her experience in Inferni would only improve through making friends and understanding the culture better, though.

Myrika mentioned a book, and large ears stood up in faint interest—even though she had no idea how to read. She didn’t spit upon the hobby, knowing its uses, but it was something that seemed so inherently beyond her that she saw no point in trying to learn. Every time she looked at those intricate glyphs swimming across a page or sign, she wanted to claw her eyes out of her head. When the Praetorian seemed to correct her statement, though, Ves nodded more eagerly.

“Doesn’t matter to me, either,” Vesper said, grinning slightly as she wondered whether the two would be able to decide. Eventually, she made up her own mind. “I can’t remember the last time I had cooked meat, though, so that might be interesting.” She glanced toward the firepit and approached it, setting the antler down carefully where it wouldn’t be stepped on and holding onto the rabbit.

“Has Inferni always had its reputation?” the tawny hybrid decided to ask first, wondering whether she should take a seat or help kindle the flames. Her tone showed that she believed little in the actual reputation; she had come after all of the wars, of course, and saw the coyotes with common sense before the ruffians who’d go out of their way to gut a purebred wolf.

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread