history is written by the victors
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 361 :: Forcing Vesper replies...

Cornflower blue eyes watched idly as the russet hybrid began to stack larger logs on the kindling with the ease of one at ease with the flames. Vesper wasn’t really that fearful of fire, but she’d always seen the ability to control it as a luperci thing. It wasn’t until Inferni that she’d started to poke about and help feed such flames, though she’d never started one herself. Though she remained on edge, at the ready to fetch wood or whatever was needed, she settled down at last and let Myrika answer her.

She supposed now that her question wasn’t the greatest—at best, it had an obvious answer but one that was interesting nonetheless. Ears tilted forward at the first crackles and pops of the flint-struck flames, Vesper nodded lightly. “And yet you came anyway,” she remarked with a tiny smirk when the woman mentioned her father warning away from the place. “I guess it’s always been Lykois? I guess that a group that’s been around long enough would interbreed and have a family structure, but… Not a lot of outsiders.” Like herself, a former loner with zero ties to the coyote clan. It must have been a relief for Ezekiel to have someone on his side that wasn’t a blood relative.

“I heard there were wars too.” Her tattered ear twitched against her head. She wasn’t leaving a lot of time for comment or answer, but she spoke softly enough that Myri could interrupt her whenever she wanted. The fact of the wars interested her, however, as a fighter and one anxious about the current tensions between the packs. She’d caught wind of the conflicts in the south, but mostly she thought of the north: the mountain pack that harbored a traitor, the dark cavern pack, the pack of wolves, and the pack that she herself had invaded in a poorly-planned self-righteous strike.

She grinned suddenly, resting her elbows on her knees and shaking her head. “I forget you wouldn’t be able to tell me about a lot of this stuff firsthand. It seems like you’ve been here a hell of a lot longer than me, but Inferni’s old.”

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread