history is written by the victors
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 375 :: It was a few days x3 And it's okay. I needed to kick myself for being lazy; after I get motivated, I'm glad to be posting. xD

Myrika worked to skin and spit the rabbit, her fingers moving easily with the knife to free the pelt from the flesh and gut the creature. Specks of blood coated her tan hands as she set the creature over the fire to roast, and Vesper found herself entranced. Such actions had to be complicated to learn, but it was nearly intimidating how simply they came to the taller hybrid woman. It didn’t quite make the former non-luperci feel adequate, however, as she knew that running through the Waste and snapping up the grazing rabbits would be child’s play for her, but it still made her watch carefully as if she could become better by viewing the process.

The Optio managed to look away from the woman’s fingers long enough to meet her turquoise gaze, and she listened with interest about the matriarch of the Lykoi family, the grandmother to what seemed to be half the clan. The thought of the number of litters that had to be born for this to happen made her ache, but she also found herself curious about what it would be like to have such a large family. Her own mother had been completely solitary, presumably growing independent from her mother before her as soon as she grew. As for her wolf father—she knew nothing about Marcel and wanted to keep it that way. She didn’t think she’d like the answers.

“I didn’t know Ezekiel’s father led,” Vesper murmured, mostly to herself. She supposed she would have picked up on it from small talk. It was still interesting that the mantle of leader had passed from mother to son to son again, and she wondered if that would continue. Then again, she wished for Ezekiel to remain Aquila for a long time; she didn’t know who else she trusted to be capable enough to lead besides him. By no means did she believe that the de le Poer was faultless, but everyone else’s vices were plain to see.

Her ears perked slightly at mention of the packs who’d warred with Inferni, but even though she’d been prepared to ask more about them, a phrase grabbed at her attention and caused confusion to flicker across her angular face.

“The fire?”

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread