history is written by the victors
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 302 :: so lame

The Optio smiled more softly at the other’s light enthusiasm and her remark on her grandmother and the fame that came with getting deeds written down in the history book. She nodded lightly, wondering if any of the memories of the past would become painful to her—the wars she’d face, the drama that would be carried out even within the clan. Despite her love of fighting and her interest in the tales, she was already a little sick at the thought of war or anything else. She wouldn’t wish that on the comrades she’d come to care about.

Her blue eyes traced the other’s face for a moment, and she propped the spit with the rabbit against her leg, removing her hands from it so the other could grab what was hers. “Personally, I hope that the history of our time in Inferni is boring as hell,” she said with another crooked grin. “The stories are great but I’m sure that living through them isn’t.” She was tired of death without even experiencing as much of it as she could have.

She snorted at the other’s jesting remark. “I’d be glad to do that for you, if I knew how to read.” She lifted a paw as if to fend off any offers to teach her, though it was a subconscious gesture. “Myrika Tears: chronicler of the great history of the fire clan—its triumphs, its failures, its survival, and the story of that one skinny-ass Optio.” Her tone was unused to such elaborate theatrics that it all felt lame pouring from her mouth, but then she started laughing at how stupid she was more than anything else, leaning back and putting her hands behind her to brace herself. Why did she want to act like a moron around this woman?

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.vesoptime t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread