the only world they left us
(WC: 358)
[html]
[/html]Wraith was pleased when the other coyote returned her greeting with a friendly wag of her tail. Even though Wraith had spent her entire life in Inferni and did understand much of how things worked, she had moments of insecurity as well as a deep desire to simply do well and make her family proud. She knew as an important family in Inferni -- her father emphasized this often -- she had to represent the clan and all it stood for. So, all in all, she was always pleased when she did something right. It felt good. Wraith perked up her ears when she heard the sound of another approaching. She turned to see a white coyote, not fullbred but certainly with some coyote blood in him, especially since his coat was barely white. As he neared, she saw his strange curling tail move as he walked and Wraith wondered if this was Max, another boy older than herself, and whom she had only heard in reference, but had never met directly. Soon enough, he introduced himself as Max, which confirmed Wraith's suspicions.

After a pause, the lady coyote spoke. She identified herself as Myrika and then said they weren't cousins. Wraith frowned as she tried to interpret the message. So what? She had plenty of cousins. Myrika Tears wasn't a name she'd heard anywhere else, so she supposed the observation was correct, but she didn't really understand why the coyote had said it. Deciding not to question it, Wraith shrugged mentally and continued to listen.

"Okay," Wraith replied. She turned her head to the other wolf and added, "I'm Wraith Creed. I don't think we're cousins either, umm... my dad was Hybrid Holocaust and my mom's Aeron Ganesa, but she's in another pack..." She shrugged and then asked: "do you hunt a lot?" As she spoke, she glanced from one clanmate to the next, addressing them both. She hoped that there would be another coyote or two to round out this hunting party. As it stood, they weren’t a full plenum, so she wasn’t sure if they would be able to fell a moose on their own. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread