the only world they left us
Works for me! I PP'd Nate as flanking the herd, so I hope that's cool. Lemme know if you would like any changes~
[html]
[/html]As Wraith drifted away from Max and Myrika, she saw the others begin to take their places. The wind was still and silent: perfect for a hunt. If they were lucky, it wouldn't change and blow their scents any closer. Animals like this were so skittish already, so they would do best if the animals didn't suspect anything. But despite their planning and their stealth, something made the herd move. Slowly, the animals shifted and trotted farther away. Closer to the lake, but farther from the coyotes. Wraith squinted after the retreating prey, but held her position. If she moved now, she would only give herself away.

She watched as the animals swarmed together farther away and then began to disperse to search for food. Their moment of paranoia ended, so Wraith began to stalk closer. As she moved through the snow, she noticed one sow limping as it struggled to catch up with the herd. Wraith couldn’t tell what was wrong with it, but its gait was awkward and not nearly as flowing and effortless as the others. She grinned. She had her target.

As the animals set about to scratching the bark on the trees and digging through the snow for plants, Wraith crept around the edge of the herd. She slunk closer until she could see the sow, only metres away. With a burst of speed, she leapt out of the bush yapping and screaming at the herd to drive them away. As she did this, she saw Nate come around from the other side of the herd in an attempt to separate the sow from the herd. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread