standing outside the fire
[html]

The dusty coyote mentioned Ichika with a strange smile, and Wayne nodded again. When the other man finally revealed his intentions in coming north, his expression opened slightly with interest. He was a candid and oftentimes blunt man; he had no reason to hide trivial things from a stranger. Of course, he would not reveal something that would put the pack he was guest to in danger, but he’d be more cautious with Casa secrets than Ichika ones. Besides, the other seemed somewhat concerned—if concern was the right word—about what the mountain pack thought of coyotes and probably Inferni by extension.

“X’yrin Exultare is their leader now,” the Labrador offered. “And Ichika as a whole seems t’ be openhearted ’n’ tolerant toward any breed or walk of life. I came to X’yrin for trainin’, and the lot of ’em have been nothin’ but courteous.” There was something else stirring in the pack, something he wasn’t quite sure about, but it had nothing to do with him or Ithiel.

A smirk creased his muzzle at mention of his own pack. “Right. Casa’s a bit like Ichika, but we fight for peace rather ’n jus’ pray for it. I hope there ain’t packs involved when it comes t’ fightin’, but I know we’d work hard to protect anyone who needs protection—coyote, wolf, dog.” His words trailed away, and he wondered if this would leave an impression on the de le Poer. He’d never been great with words, both with vocabulary and clarity and above all knowing what to say. He just hoped that Ithiel wouldn’t view Casa di Cavalieri as a threat, and that he might even remember them as protectors rather than simple warriors. Deep down, though, the cowboy kept to himself the thought that Casa would have no trouble marching against Inferni if they started terrorizing others. He prayed it’d never come to that.

mrr dunno what to write.

<style type="text/css">
.waygold b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec9030; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#1d0f02 1px 1px 2px;}
.waygold p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; color:#1d0f02; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#1d0f02 1px 1px 2px;}
.waygold p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.waygold .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.waygold p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waygold {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#643407; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Mvasm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d0f02; border-radius:20px; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#db9f5c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread