standing outside the fire
[html]

There was a flicker of something in the coyote’s reddish eyes, and he seemed to latch onto one element of his speech: that of faith. It was not something that Wayne was used to discussing, but rather than be put off by the other’s mention of God, he found his ears pricking and his tail swaying lightly behind him. He was glad that Ithiel had found what information he needed out of what Wayne had supplied him, too.

His next words were hesitant ones, as they went beyond simple trading of information about packs; he’d only nodded when the other confirmed what all he needed to know. “My parents taught me their faith, but… I’ve fallen out of practicin’ it. Guess I still think the same way, since I talk about prayers an’ follow the ideals, but it’s been a while since I met another man of God.” He hadn’t really approached the others in his pack about it, and he and Dixie hadn’t had time for much praying on the road. Honestly, he wasn’t sure what she deeply believed other than what they saw and experienced together on their long journeys.

He didn’t really know else to say or ask, but standing across from this coyote and horse in these burned lands brought back some of the passages read to him and the safe feeling of his parents. He’d abandoned them at a young age to travel, and while he didn’t regret any of it, he still wondered. He lifted a paw and nibbled a pebble from between the pads, not sure what else he expected to hear from this stranger; it might be time to head back to Ichika and leave the wasteland behind.

raze loves sie, and awkward wayne is awkward.
i'm still trying to develop him and shizz. xD

<style type="text/css">
.waygold b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec9030; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#1d0f02 1px 1px 2px;}
.waygold p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; color:#1d0f02; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#1d0f02 1px 1px 2px;}
.waygold p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.waygold .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.waygold p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waygold {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#643407; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Mvasm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d0f02; border-radius:20px; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#db9f5c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread