you pray to me, your lucky star.
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-02 { width: 500px; margin: auto; border: 2px solid #241d55; background: #1c0742 url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ ... le-02x.png) top center repeat; } #grace-02 .header { background: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ ... ble-02.png) top left no-repeat; padding-top: 335px; padding-bottom: 20px; } #grace-02 h1 { font: bold 10px Tahoma; color: #fff; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin: 20px 20px 0px 95px; } #grace-02 p { text-align: justify; text-indent: 20px; margin: 10px; font: 10px Tahoma; color: #fff; margin: 0px 20px 0px 95px; } #grace-02 .speak, #grace-02 a { font-weight: bold; color: #fff; text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #774a00, 0 0 0.2em #140431; } #grace-02 .wc { font-style: italic; }</style>

And if you'd 'a took to me like a gull takes to the wind...

God, you can tell that she's an extrovert. Wink

Word Count: 420

Well I'd 'a jumped from my tree, and I'd 'a danced...

Grace lifted herself into a relaxed kneeling position when he spoke to her. It would have been rude of her to mumble her response into the ground, certainly. Nonetheless, she kept her posture non-threatening, moving slowly to keep from startling either the male greeter or her own companions. Her voice was calm and confident as she spoke. "I heard that there is a pack here, a people who keep horses as my tribe did." Her turquoise eyes lit up as she spoke, and she smiled. Her travels had made no question of the fact that her birth pack was unusual; in all the time that she and Briar had been roaming, they had never met another who traveled as they did, upright and atop a horse. It was just as fast as anything, really, and Layla was a lovely companion. Grace couldn't figure why so many wolves saw only food in a horse. There were plenty of things to eat - things that weren't as useful as a horse.

She felt more than she heard the mare prancing nervously behind her, and urged her over with a soft sound. "This is Layla," she told the male as she stroked the horse's face gently. "I trained her after my first year of life, per the traditions of my tribe." She pulled her hand away from the mare slowly, reached into her pocket, offering an explanantion as she pulled out a chunk of sugar. "I've no weapons on me, don't worry - only sugar clumps." She paused, then felt guilty - that was a half-truth. "Well, I've got a leather-working knife in my saddle bag. But I'm still not any threat to you."

Taj had flown up into a tree, away from the action. His eyes darted uneasily, and every so often, he let out a soft 'caw,' seemingly asserting his unhappiness with their current situation. Grace shook her head. "The crow is Taj. I rescued him when he was just little - his wing was broken, and his mother abandoned him, I guess. He's young yet, no manners to speak of, and raised by a wolf to boot. He's been with me a couple of months, since winter hit. Pretty sure he was only born just last spring." She looked at the male, then chuckled softly. "And I am Grace Galaxy. I come from Sterling Mountain, further south." A pause. AniWaya: that is your pack - you are the horse-keepers?"

She smiled. "Then I have come to commune with you."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread