you pray to me, your lucky star.
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-02 { width: 500px; margin: auto; border: 2px solid #241d55; background: #1c0742 url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ ... le-02x.png) top center repeat; } #grace-02 .header { background: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ ... ble-02.png) top left no-repeat; padding-top: 335px; padding-bottom: 20px; } #grace-02 h1 { font: bold 10px Tahoma; color: #fff; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin: 20px 20px 0px 95px; } #grace-02 p { text-align: justify; text-indent: 20px; margin: 10px; font: 10px Tahoma; color: #fff; margin: 0px 20px 0px 95px; } #grace-02 .speak, #grace-02 a { font-weight: bold; color: #fff; text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #774a00, 0 0 0.2em #140431; } #grace-02 .wc { font-style: italic; }</style>

And if you'd 'a took to me like a gull takes to the wind...

Hello there. Smile

Word Count: 307

Well I'd 'a jumped from my tree, and I'd 'a danced...

Grace felt a wave of relief as the scout confirmed the rumours - a pack that kept horses. She nodded politely as he spoke. "I know a bit about horses. Like I said, I grew up with them - all of the adult tribesfolk kept one." She laid her hand on the side of Layla's head, and the horse nudged her gently. She nodded again as he introduced himself. "Pleasure to meet you, Anatole. And I'm sure I will be honoured to meet your leader, as well." Diplomatic, as always, but genuine nonetheless. She was usually genuine in her interactions, if it could be helped - it was, as her father had told her, part of her charm.

The female who arrived was in bipedal form, as Grace was. She lifted herself from her seat as the female approached, and bowed low. Tentatively, she lifted her eyes, blue-green and still wide with youth. The Caliph - Grace wasn't sure what they called their ruler here, but that had been her father's title - met her eyes, and she held only for the briefest of moments before looking away in respect. She kept her tail low even as she pulled up out of the bow, and her ears laid back against her head. She would not be caught acting outside of custom, if she could help it. At home, the punishment for acting out of turn was harsh - fair, no doubt, but harsh nonetheless. She could not guess that this place was any different, perhaps because she had never been a part of a tribe besides her own. She watched for signs of what was expected of her, and kept to what she knew besides - show respect, and only speak when spoken to. She had not yet been spoken to, and so she watched, and waited.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread