till we couldn't feel our teeth
[html]

shut yo face, mo fo! <33

The kitten that seemed permanently fixed to Niernan had begun to demand attention and Saul watched was curiosity as the male nuzzled his companion softly. It would have been nice to have some sort of companion like that, but Saul was happy with the menagerie he'd already collected. His horses were affectionate when they wanted to be and although Saul was fairly certain affection was impossible in Eirias' case, there was a certain camaraderie he felt with the bird that more than made up for this lack of emotion. Cinnamon-back ears flashed forward, catching the words Niernan spoke from across the fire. Saul hadn't ever visited the pack before, although he knew it was roughly around here somewhere. "You'll know when you're ready to settle down and find a pack. Enjoy being free for a little while linger." Saul chuckled, running a paw up and down his arm for the moment. He almost missed Niernan's carefully placed face as he pressed himself against the cat, successfully hiding his expression from his brother- he did pick up on his cousins melancholy tone however. Ears drooping to the side of his head for a moment, Saul nodded in agreement.

"It was a difficult decision to make, but I knew that I couldn't stay there any longer. I may go back some day, I don't know yet." He concurred, happy in the knowledge that he wasn't the only one to feel pain over difficult life decisions. The two were quiet for a short moment before Saul asked about mates and pups that either of them might have. Niernan's face cheered up considerably and the man was able to relax now that the more difficult subjects had passed them by. Saul offered a full bodied laugh as Niernan teased his brother once more and his counterpart puffed his chest out in pride, his ego swollen. "I'm sure they'll track you down at some point Bran, demanding all sorts from their dear ol' dad." Saul chuckled, earning a crestfallen and slightly panicked look from the caramel Stormbringer. Saul laughed again at the mans reaction, his nose scrunching habitually as the amusement shook his body. Niernan continued, commention on Saul's last words about typical Stormbringer males. Sobering slightly, the young male nodded softly, another glance back to check that his child was still where he was meant to be. "I'm glad to hear it. My father was never one to stick around, and another cousin who lives close by, Lilin, said the same about her father." He said, wondering if the brothers would run into the dirt and oil female on their travels.

Niernan's blue gaze, so similar to his own sons at the moment, wandered towards the sleeping boy before he asked another delicate question. It made him snort though and for a moment, the male choked on the saliva caught in the back of his throat before he cleared it with a cough. "I'm not the type to have a one night stand, definitely not. But Teme wasn't born under the best of circumstances." Saul paused, wondering how much he should tell the gruesome twosome, before settling on everything. "When Ichika was not Ichika and Dahlia was still around, I accepted a female into our pack by the name of Siku. She was a few months older than me, but we got on very well. We would play together in the snow and I invited her to come and live with me in a cabin I'd built. She would sneak into my room and curl up against me, so that I'd wake up next to her in the morning. She came with us to make Ichika, but I don't think she ever really accepted that Dahlia was gone. She would disappear for months and come back, apologetic and grovelling. Maybe she had enough, but last autumn, she left and I decided to follow her. I found her alright, and she broke my heart..." He spoke in a low tone, hoping to mask the fact that his voice was breaking just slightly as he spoke about Siku.

"I was lost for a while, and I'm kind of glad that I was away from Ichika when all of this happened. Anyway, Hermes was injured and I think the scent of the blood found her. She was a dark beauty- her irises were the thinnest strip of ice blue you could imagine. She got me drunk and we had sex. She was gone in the morning, so I carried on. I turned back towards Nova Scotia around the end of the year and she caught up with me a day or two outside of Ichika. She handed me my son and told me that she couldn't look after him- that I would be a much better parent to him. And here we are." He finished with a huff of breath, rubbing his nose softly to rid himself of the fizz that had accumulated there. Green eyes glanced up, hoping that the brothers reaction wasn't too judgemental.

word count → 839 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread