take everything i have
[html]

[915]
-random table change- <333

Saul knew it would be a few moments before either one of them turned up, so he settled to soothing to two horses with him. He'd grown fond of the paint mare since her stay with him and she pushed her head happily into his chest as he stroked her neck appreciatively. He would be sad to see her go, but it been an eventuality that had simply been bought forward a couple of months. Once Gypsy had foaled and recovered, Saul would have been taking her and the foal back anyway, so it really was an inevitability that she be returned. He chuckled softly, stroking her ears and murmuring a soft goodbye to her when Temeraire irritated yip caused the male to look around. His black furred son was scrabbling at Maia's leg, trying his best to climb up the horse and onto her back. His little tongue poked out in sheer concentration and Saul was about to interrupt the boy- to tell him to leave Maia alone lest she kick him- when the sound of hoofbeats caught his attention and he turned back to watch the two people he'd called for approaching, both astride large horses. One he was familiar with- Duke, the harrassed stallion that he'd met when he'd first met Dixie and Wayne, the other he wasn't so familiar with.

Wayne was the first one to speak, calling his name in greeting. Saul's opinion of the Labrador luperci had changed since his visit to Ichika. They spent a while talking over the horses when Wayne had come to see his horse and Saul felt the kindling of an actual friendship spark between them. Of course, it wasn't the same as the instant friendship he felt towards Dixie. Being her friend was as natural as breathing and neither had to work at it. But there was certainly something in Wayne that Saul thought he could relate to and the two had gotten on well back in Ichika. Saul wasn't in Ichika anymore, but there was no doubt in his mind that he would try to further his friendship with the man. He dipped his head softly in return as Dixie flung herself from her horse and wrapped her arms around his waist. With a deep bodied laugh, he curled his arms around her back and swung her around once in joy of seeing her, before her words made him chuckle softly. It was definitely more than a visit he sought them for.

"Its good to see you again, Dixie, Wayne." He paused, glancing back to see that Temeraire had stopped his onslaught of Maia's leg and had flumped down on the ground, blue eyes watching them curiously. Saul was surprised the boy hadn't barged in, but he thought it best to introduce him anyway. "This is my son, Temeraire. Teme, this is Dixie and Wayne, friends of mine from before you were born." He spoke quickly, but not fast enough to confuse the boy. Wayne's question caused his ears to flicker back against his head as Teme clambered to his paws, pottering over to stand at his father's side. "'Lo Dixie, Wayne." He said softly and Saul was just a bit shocked to see his son so shy. With a chuckle, he turned back to answer Wayne's question when Dixie's high soprano rang clear. He looked over to her as she extended a hand towards Maia.

"Oh, Dixie, watch out! She's got a bit of a temper. This is Maia, my brood mare." He explained as the chestnut mare tried to nip at Dixie's outstretched hand. Embarrassment washed over him- he was here to ask if the two would take her in until she foaled and here she was, trying to bite one of them. Shaking his head softly, he ran a nervous hand through his hair before he turned back to Wayne, who would probably appreciate his story more as he'd only recently seen Saul in Ichika. "I left Ichika. Nothing bad happened- I just can't accept all the changes that are happening at the moment, I needed a break from it all. Plus I have a little soul searching to do. Its a shock, but it was needed..." He spoke calmly, but inside his stomach clenched and he felt a little sick. Dahlia had been the only thing stable he'd known and that had changed so much that it didn't exist anymore. It had morphed into Ichika, and that had become his stability. However, like a dormant volcano, it was shifting, moving, boiling up and it had become something that was so unstable, the man hadn't felt safe there anymore.

"The reason I'm here, is to give you back Gypsy and ask you, graciously, if you'd take in Maia until she foals and she's well enough to travel again. I'm going to try and find my cousin Lilin and I don't know how safe it is for two pregnant mares, or what kind of shelter she might provide for them. I thought it would be safer for Gypsy to return to you, and if you have room, whether you would protect my Maia."

He asked, green eyes switching from Dixie to Wayne, a silent plea that they might be able to help him out. His stallions would be perfectly fine with their lot in wherever they settled, but the mares needed a bit more shelter. He hoped that the two of them would be able to offer him some help.

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXT {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXT .quote {
height:200px;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXT .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:50px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXT .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXT b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread