sunlight.
[html]

(316)
Em can decline and ask after Myri's leatherwork instead, as we discussed in chat? :3 I thought mentioning the lake in passing might give you something to thread about later, though.

Myrika knew the feeling of newness well. Though she had been a member of the clan since late summer, that feeling had yet to fade for her. She still felt very much an outsider, though it was not due to the lack of efforts of her clanmates. She had a number of friends within Inferni, and enough family to sate her for a lifetime. Yet she still felt excluded to some degree, though the rusty-hued woman could not begin to say what that was.

Vesper's great. She's shown herself to be a good leader so far, the coyote said, smiling without any hint of dreaminess to her face. The tawny-hued canine might stumble over her words around someone she was attracted to, but she was not a head-in-the-clouds romantic, and she was quite capable of controlling herself -- or, at least, she told herself that. The territory is large, yes, she responded, though her face shifted to one of faint concern. Don't be too overwhelmed. There's time enough to learn everything, she promised.

It's good to hear your skills, though. I'm a scout, essentially, but it's only for the horses, I think. A rider makes a good scout by default. I really like to take care of animals, though, and I can do some leatherwork. Maybe I can show you around the territory some -- there's a lake you might like, she suggested, smiling and thinking of Folly Lake. It was more of a pond, really, but it was clear and the water supported fish. By now, it was sure to be frozen solid, and Emmanuelle's ice-fishing skills might come in handy. Myri was not particularly hungry, and she was rather enjoying this bandy of words with the new member, but she was prepared to engage whatever activity her partner chose, as well.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread