sunlight.
[html]

(407)

The Tirones seemed pleased with all Myrika spoke, and her sunny demeanor served to brighten the mahogany-haired woman's mood -- not that it had been particularly blue to begin with, but for once, the Praetorian did not appear conscious of the difference in height between herself and the other woman. On the contrary, the rust-tinged woman was not hunkering or trying to make herself feel small, as was her usual custom. She was utterly put at ease by Emanuelle's brightness and friendliness, and had forgotten herself entirely, however momentary her forgetfulness was.

Myri was pleasantly surprised with the proposed alternative and enamored by the shy politeness with which Emmanuelle inquired -- Myrika herself had taken an interest in these crafts rather unexpectedly, and few in Inferni (or elsewhere) seemed interested in the process, though most were quite glad to receive the end products of her labor. The lanky coyote didn't mind this, of course -- it was good to have a skill few others possessed -- but she thought it might help if she taught someone, as Thamur had educated her in these crafts. She might perfect her own techniques, and surely even a teacher learned from a student every now and again.

Sure -- that sounds brilliant, actually. I live back out in the Great Village, in the schoolhouse -- do you want to head back that way? I'll show you my workshop and the projects I'm working on now. Some other day, I'll come asking after ice fishing, the rust-haired woman said, excited to show someone her shop. Even her housemate, Kaena, hadn't taken any interest in the shop whatsoever, which Myri found rather disheartening. After all, her own grandmother should be more encouraging -- then again, the old woman was from a different era, where Luperci didn't learn to read or sew or cure leather -- or even ice fish, maybe.

Myrika's gaze swung back toward the flexuous bay stallion, and her ears flicked backward, considering a moment. I think it'd be best if we walked back. I'd let you ride, if you wanted, but I only just got Cahal, and I don't know how he'd fare, she said, her tone one of apology. If it was Eira out here, she would have let Em ride, certainly, but she didn't think it was such a good idea with a relatively untested horse such as Cahal.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread