sunlight.
[html]

OOC: history timmme.

Word Count → 516

As the lady beside her questioned why she had been chased, Emmanuelles ears pressed against her head, a troubled look crossing her face. Myrika quickly backtracked, letting her know she didn't have to answer. She did anyways. " Well, to be honest I am not sure.. When I first set out from my home pack after the fire, my skills in hunting weren't as good as they are now. I frequently went without eating and got very skinny. The only thing I remember happening right before being chased was that I was desperately hunting around for something, anything. " The woman paused, trying to remember the events but being faced with a cloudy memory. " I finally caught a rodent, probably a rabbit or something, I can't really recall exactly what it was. Anyways, the next thing I knew I was being chased by three Luperci, one on a horse, two in Secui form. The one on a horse was in the middle and seemed to be the leader... "

She trailed off then, sighing and running her hand through her hair in frustration at the memory of what happened next. " I was quite young. I don't know why this happened, but I ran and I ran to evade them, but you can only go so far on so much energy when you are basically starving. They caught up to me, and beat me. " Her voice was angry, her sunny mood now gone. Not at any fault of Myrikas of course, but things like this were unfortunate however you looked at it." They left me for dead after I was beaten, I didn't have any open wounds or anything, they just beat the shit out of me. Luckily, an old woman found me and nursed me back to health and taught me some basic wood carving skills while I was getting better. " Smiling, her exuberant mood back ,she reached into her pack that was slung off of one shoulder and began digging in it, fingers finally clasping on a wooden necklace.

Bringing it out she showed Myrika, it was a simple necklace carved out of wooden beads and some bone pieces, the middle charm of it being the most attractive. It hung down fairly long, the wooden rectangular piece about half the size of her thumb. On it was a small painted scene of a beautiful russet and silver streaked wolf with a backdrop of an evergreen forest, howling at the sun. A big toothy grin settled on her face as she began to explain. " She made this for me while I was on bedrest, and the wolf, or coywolf I should say is me. I thought it was strange that I was pictured howling at the sun and not the moon, but she explained that it was because I had a sunny personality and was still bright when times were dark. I don't wear it, but I keep it on me at all times to remind myself of the kindness of others when times are especially trying. "

Smiling softly and reassuringly at Myrika she waited on the others reaction.

i've been trapped inside your heart shaped box for weeks.

Image courtesy of d o l f i@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:Throw My Hands Up In The Air, serif; color:#dcd5d2; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:regular; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template b {color:#343c36; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#dcd5d2; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/2ntib5w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread