sunlight.
[html]

(475)

Myrika is by Kiki!

The mahogany-haired Praetorian listened intently as her companion described the dwelling, nodding every now and again. Floorboards and bricks would certainly help keep the structure intact, Myri thought, though she was no architect. When the time came for them to actually build the structure, she'd be reliant upon Emmanuelle for direction. Her finer skills might be put to use when it came time for constructing a doorway -- it might be good to have a wooden door for winter and a leather hanging for summer, to keep the air cooled. Myri did not consider such construction, built into the earth, was very much its own heating and cooling system -- capable of retaining heat in the winter and cool as a cave in summer.

Her ears flicked backwards as the woman seemed apologetic, and Myri tilted her head, uncertain what offense she'd committed against Emmanuelle. As the woman continued Myri smiled a small thing and shook her head as if to discard the apology -- it wasn't necessary, in Myri's eyes. Please, yourself -- side-tracked? No, I really don't mind, she replied, shrugging a shoulder and offering a lopsided smile. I don't have anywhere to be yet today. Besides, your house is fascinating -- spring can't come quick enough. Before I get to rambling about myself, though -- floorboards and bricks? There's an old human city to the far south, and a smaller town west and north a ways, she suggested, thinking of Halifax and Amherst.

Either would be able to provide brick, and Myri thought there was a good chance of finding some kind of timber for flooring, though it might be scrap and they might have to search for some time to find wood still suitable for construction purposes. Brick didn't tend to degrade so fast as wood, however, and they would be easier to come by. Even bricks wouldn't be too hard to haul off with horses, she added, grinning broadly. But -- I guess you're like me. If I'm interested in something, I can prattle on about it all day. I'm sure you'll be telling me to shut up about leather shortly.

The woman moved toward nearest counter, picking up a small skin she was stretching on a small frame. The pelt was still wet and had a few days of drying to do. This is pretty much your first real step, she indicated. Everything before this is just cleaning up what you've killed -- separating the pelt and removing the fur and whatever flesh is attached. For speaking on such a bloody subject, the red-haired woman was mechanical and exacting -- there was no squeamishness within her where this subject was concerned. Stretched and dried, it'll become very stiff -- suitable for use as something almost like paper, Myri said, smiling.

<style>
#myriKikiHorse {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriKikiHorse p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriKikiHorse p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
float:left; margin:10px;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriKikiHorse .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriKikiHorse .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriKikiHorse b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriKikiHorse u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriKikiHorse b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriKikiHorse b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriKikiHorse b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread