too little, too late
[html]

Skoll Haskel was having fun in the merchant-pack’s territory, although it was a somewhat awkward experience as well: the watchful d’Artisans were quick to guide him away from all the interesting animals and plans in Thornbury, afraid he might eat them, and he was becoming more and more aware of how inconvenient his lupus form was. He wouldn’t have considered it inconvenient if he were younger, maybe, but he knew that the time of his first shift was approaching quickly. He would actually be able to climb the trees and open the doors and pick up the interesting tools lying everywhere.

Presently, the golden puppy was meandering around no specific part of the territory, his paws flattening the grass as he weaved around in a blobby circle path. A paintbrush was clamped between his teeth, something that one of the friendlier foreigners had offered to him, even though he had no paint. He didn’t feel like going around and begging for attention, either; Terra was off having fun on her own, and the girl Bambi he’d met probably needed a break from him too.

He continued pacing the same trail, stomping his paws pointedly, tail waving behind him. There was so many opportunities just out of his grasp. Being in the foreign pack just wasn’t as exciting as he’d thought it would be, all because…

“I’m too little,” the Court prince muttered around his wooden paintbrush. “I’m too little and I can’t shift and no one wants to talk to a puppy!”

Wood splintered as he clamped his jaws down in anger, and he jerked back from the utensil as it fell to the ground. Round green eyes regarded it in silence for a moment before he growled and kicked it.

“You’re too little too, stupid brush! And I got no hands!”

Word Count → 302

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread