too little, too late
[html]

Skoll giggled once more at the other’s remark about the horses. He probably wouldn’t go so far as to say that, since the male had always been at least tolerant of the child’s company even if he wasn’t outgoing, but Alder did have such a way with the big, gentle herbivores. With that definition in mind, the large wolf might as well be a horse himself, albeit one that ate meat. He was very good with them, able to speak their language, knowledgeable about their needs. “Maybe Alder just part horse,” he suggested with a raised brow.

He nodded with widened eyes as Oak mentioned the big boat. “It’s huge like a house. Terra says it’s to go far away on the water, maybe over the edge offa world!” It was an exaggeration, maybe, as the entire pack would not just get on a boat and sail to far-off and mythical lands, but the capability was still there. He’d entertained that theory for quite a while after meeting with his Courtier friend.

“Terra brought me,” the creamy pup corrected the male. “I’m not big enough t’ go all the way all by myself.” This statement reminded him of his earlier frustration, and sullenly his ginger ears drooped. “Soon though, maybe. Right now, alla bobcats ’ll eat me if I try. So I gotta go with a grownup.” He was really surprised that the coywolf counted, what with her playful antics, but she was crafty enough to keep out of trouble and had managed to keep the puppy alive for the reasonably long journey.

Word Count → 263

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread