other people like us
[html]
lets get this show on the road!

As he sat there, green eyes watching his son roll in the undergrowth around the bench that he'd settled on, doubts plagued his mind. Ichika was a safe place, one that his son would grow up loved by many and protected by the might of the pack. But so much had changed that the man didn't know what was certain anymore. X'yrin's own culture, the small amounts that had been divulged in their short conversations, was so different to Ichika that Saul didn't know how stable it would remain. The curiosity to find out what else was out there, coupled with the intense dislike for all the changes that had occurred were enough to push him over the edge. He felt terrible about leaving Eclipse most of all- Saluce was a grown man and had a mate who had ascended to power recently. Eclipse had no-one and Saul had told her in no uncertain terms that he would be sticking around. His only solace was the fact that he hadn't left the area and he hadn't been banished from Ichika so he could always go back and visit whenever he wanted. Hopefully he would be able to keep in contact with his almost daughter back in Ichika.

His thoughts were racing so loudly around in his mind that he didn't at first hear Temeraire's bark as somewhere entered their little bubble of rest. He did, however, hear his name and green eyes became undazed enough to snap upward and connect with Lilin's split form. He jolted once before a grin slipped across his face. It felt, just a little bit, like divine intervention. He had no idea where to look for his cousin, but she'd arrived on his doorstep just a few moments after he'd stopped to rest for the moment. He stood, unsure of what sort of greeting he should give. Eclipse would have been offered a hug, and the brothers Grimm that he'd met just the day before would probably have been offered the same courtesy, but the protocol on greetings was lost on the female. He was about to answer affirmative, it was in fact him, when she came to the conclusion herself and asked if he was okay. That was certainly a loaded question.

"My son and I are well, although we find ourselves homeless. Purely by my own choice, but homeless none the less." He paused then, doubt and insecurity creeping in. What if Lilin didn't want him? Not in a romantic way of course- she was his cousin even if he had no idea about how far apart they were in their own family tree. But what if she didn't want to take him in, what if she didn't want anything to do with her family. He realised now, far too late to change anything, that he'd been far to presumptuous for his own good. Still, he was here now and there was no way he would be going back. He would just have to suck it up and ask her. His ears dipped and he held what appeared to be a submissive pose as he looked back towards her. "I realise now how presumptuous it is of me to come and find you when I have no home... But I thought... no, hoped that maybe you might be able to help my son and I." Saul managed to stutter out, hoping beyond anything that they wouldn't be rejected by their family. Of course, should she turn them away, Saul would try his best to find the gruesome twosome he could now also call cousins and see if he could travel with them.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
609+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread