Admiring the scenery
[html]
It's chemical the way we love. The way we hate it's quite inhuman
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Syncopate);</style>Caprica D'Angelo
Word Count :: 000

She thought she'd handled his rebuke with relative calm, at least, her tone had remained level and her sass only at its usual pitch. Which admittedly was fairly strong. Caprica had always been ready with a quick comeback or contradiction: she couldn't help it, even with a higher-ranking member or at the wrong moment. They weren't in Anathema now, but she'd be a fool to think her behaviour here wouldn't affect things back home. She wasn't scared of Alaki, though: she was sure she could handle herself, and despite his vitriol, she knew they were on the same side due to their pack allegiance. So, she still had a cool head, although his laughter and insult were both fairly aggravating. She was the same height as him, or thereabouts and their age couldn't be so different either. She wanted to respond with something even more insulting but thankfully the male stopped her in her tracks by deciding this was the moment for a lesson. Well, she had to applaud his timing.

Her hands were seized, his voice filled her ear so close she could feel the little hairs tingle. She was frozen in place, trying to understand the words he used. The joint between the blade collar… his hand slid up the sword towards where both their hands grasped the hilt… was most likely reattached… his palm was rough on the back of her hand... If she struck something, he said, it would snap again. Caprica, for the first time in her life, was utterly lost for words.

She did get the picture, though. It was a shoddy piece of work. When he faced her once more, arms folded in what felt like a rather intimidating way - or at least, meant as such. Oh he was impossible, Caprica mentally groaned, but she kept her eyes trained on him as he made his offer. There was a pause of a moment as her eyes fell to the ground: she chewed her bottom lip, almost seeming shy and indecisive for a second. Then her head lifted and she fixed him with a baleful glare. "Know what, wise guy?" she began, which wasn't a great start, but she had to talk rough: her voice would have shaken otherwise, for whatever reason. "I'm a crafter. I think I'll just fix this one." There was a bravado in her voice she did not feel, as she had not the first idea about crafting or repairing swords. She was being impulsive, and stupid, but she didn't care. She cared about saving face, more than anything, right now. "Thanks again, really, for saving me a heavy trade fee… but I'm good now. Screw your conditions. I'll see you on the training ground." She tossed her sleek jaw-length hair and flounced forwards, heading back to where she'd left her horse, brushing past him so that her shoulder banged against his - pretty hard. Caprica didn't mess about.

Image courtesy of fabiogis50

<style>
.GR2_Caprica p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Caprica b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdcbbe; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Caprica {background-color:#160a21; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#413b48; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4205/atable13.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #665d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Caprica .name {text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#121a21 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .lyrics {color:#6e6065; text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6065; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #635d61;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread