i'm trying to welcome this change
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

Urma smiled a bit at Pilot's chuckle, realizing that didn't sound very nice to most. "You'd be surprised that growing up in such an environment hardly makes it seem that unwelcoming. The cliffs were nice, actually, in a strange way-- we had enclosures and caves and hiding areas. It was good for both strategic reasons, since many of the packs in the vicinity of mine were prone to violence, as well as having a nice childhood playing hide and seek," she explained, hoping she could make that place sound more like the fact that it had been her home made it for her. So maybe for her it those caves had meant more than games, had meant that exact feeling of protectiveness she had been talking about. But that was hardly relevant now. It was no use anymore prying the past for answers that couldn't change anything.

"I'd be more than happy to see it, thank you," she said immediately, quickening her pace to make it fall in rhythm with Pilot's. She looked at their surrounding area, taking in the green and the pastel colours of the sky, in such pleasant contrast with the dull gray and white she always saw back in Europe. She knew why those colours wouldn't mean anything comfortable and inviting to Pilot, that had probably lived to see these vibrant, warm colours all his life. But adapting was part of any a wolf's life. She knew that if Pilot ever had to live like that, in time he'd find it to be a sort of home away from home. Just like she'd do now, with this scenery, until gradually her former hope would seem more like a place she had spent the night in along her journey through life. Although she'd never be able to pull the snow out of her blood. Her ties with it ran too deep.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread