He ain't seen me crazy yet
[html]

Word Count → 521 :: Out of Character text

The woman didn't appear to be put off by their gawking; and perhaps that was a good thing. Tola didn't much like to be gawked at, herself, and her previously shy nature had been the focus of enough gaping for a lifetime. Now she was different, so she saw no reason for people to look, though the stranger appeared, perhaps not startled, but surprised by her appearance, as well. She claimed herself to be a mutt, and Tola tilted her head, not quite understanding the concept of being more than a halfling. She had no predisposition against mutts; wolves were the scum of the earth, and halflings were evil. It was that simple. But something else to breed with? More than a halfling, more than a pure-blooded anything? It was odd. She couldn't decide if that sort of thing would be worse or better, and so she held her judgement suspended, deciding whatever interactions were made here would lay the foundations for any future meetings with...mutts.

Aleksei wasn't as concerned with the stranger when it appeared Tola wouldn't go crazy on her; he settled down from his surprised, half-cautious stance, and dug another cigarette out of his pocket, lighting it with a match. At the question about their breeds, he shrugged a bit indifferently, holding his smoke between two fingers. "I'm a mutt of sorts, too. Mostly mastiff. Some cattle-dog, from my dam." He took after his mother in looks, his father in size, but he was by no means one breed or the other; his father had been a mix-breed, too, and his mother was such an odd thing where he'd come from, there was no telling what breeds she was, other than the one she'd claimed. He took a drag, and then began to speak again, jerking his thumb toward Tola as he opened his mouth.

She beat him to it. "I'm a Saluki," She identified herself, still eyeing the other female curiously. She was pure dog, in fact, though she didn't know whether or not she was pure Saluki; most likely she was, since at least two generations before her had been. She didn't much care for breed status, though, other than having pups that would be effective in the community. She didn't really have to worry about even that, though, anymore, and settled more comfortably in her stance.

Aleksei spent a moment looking at his companion curiously, a sort of flat look that spoke his shock and skepticism. "I'm Tola," She continued, completely ignoring Aleksei's climbing brows. "And if I can beg your pardon, I've never heard of a coyote before." She meant it as an excuse for staring, though her eyes were still fixed on the other woman. She couldn't quite bring herself to look away; it was the watching nature that had been hammered into her as a child, when a friendly word could quickly become a shower of rocks from the others.

"Aleksei," The larger male introduced, and settled comfortably with his legs crossed over each other, completely defying the laws of balance as he didn't trip over himself.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread