[p] el cielo es azul
There was something definitely exotic about the other woman, exotic in a way Caprica would have loved to be but couldn't quite imagine how. She had not figured out the secrets of dressing herself in mystery, although she already wore her appearance as a means to power rather than a simple facade. But Tlantli's mystical aura was more than skin-deep. The coyote-rangy woman spoke with tones that sang of distant places, and there was a strange ferocity about her mouth - in even her cropped hair and the deliberate scarring, but especially between her lips where something more dangerous than simple teeth seemed to reside, with greater pools of shadow between each fang as if their points comprised less space than most, although the effect was nothing if not subtle, Caprica noticed it especially when the stranger laughed at her ridiculous horse comment.

It made her heart sing to learn the amber stranger was once upon a time an Anatheman herself. Wherever she was now seemed irrelevant: they were kin of a sort, to Caprica. It also meant she knew about the caves - knew their number and size, probably. Caprica nodded, accepting Tlantli's idea as a good one. She might feel greedy taking up more than one cave alone, but perhaps she could set up a small workshop, or some such thing.

Her mood could not have been lifted more as the woman stated her objective, with her lilting, clipped phrases that ran smoothly into her ears like honey. Caprica loved to hear that jewellery and such adornments were valued by others, because she adored to make them so much. She wished she had some of her better pieces with her here today to tempt the lady with, and see if she could make her eyes gleam. "I like your thinking. Another cave, or a bigger one. Yeah, I could live with that," Caprica mused. "Thing is, I gotta finish mine up first… I'll never find time otherwise. I came here to find wall decorations - hangings, y'know? Thinkin' I got lucky." She jerked a beaming head at the material-carpeted mare. "Maybe I can get you lucky too. I don't have much with me, but I'm an Abigor - a crafter, and I make jewellery." She peeled her necklaces of from beneath her new and expansive scarf, and lifted her paw so they dangled. There were four, today - they were all wooden beads, painted in different colours of many combinations, and varnished with pine lacquer. Two had pure white pebbles encased in copper wire - easy to find considering how much the humans had relied upon it - dangling as pendants from their lowest point. "See? Dangly. They ain't precious, though. Somebody might like the colourful ones, if it matched their fur or eyes, or somethin', right? You can keep a couple if you want to." Caprica turned the necklaces to show them from both sides. Most of the beads were kept their natural dark wood-brown, to save time painting, with the more colourful ones mixed in. Greens, pinks and blues with a few dark blacks, stained using charcoal and then sealed. Caprica wasn't sure who else would enjoy her quirky style, but it didn't hurt to offer. She liked to think of her creations being worn and appreciated.

Messages In This Thread