[p] el cielo es azul
The suspicion and aloofness in Tlantli's eyes didn't bother Caprica too much, although at first she was wary that the woman was eyeing the amateur quality of her work. But the other contradicted that idea with her statement, and so Caprica was left in the dark as to the cause of the sharp gaze. "I'm gonna try. I can sew," she shrugged. She liked the simple, repetitive task and sitting with all her attention focused in on the motion of her hand, thread and needle. She was getting better all the time. "Hey, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth," she added warningly. "I mean what I say, okay? Take whichever you like. They don't take me so very long. The beads are only roughly carved, not as smooth as they should be and I can colour a bunch at once by dropping 'em in the paint, same with the varnish. I haven't even put any patterns on these," she sighed. If she'd known she'd find a former Anathema sister abroad today she would have come better prepared, instead of just grabbing the plainly strung beads, choosing them for colour alone, not as examples of her best work, as she readied herself for the day. Caprica was ever-willing to extend her generosity and benevolence upon those who were ever a part of the blood-family, as per the Anatheman culture which she'd integrated so wholly. She made a small movement with her hand, urging Tlantli to take her pick. "So what do you do with yourself these days, Tlantli?" she inquired, her voice stumbling over the unfamiliar syllables and praying to Tak she got it right.

Messages In This Thread