stinging sweetness
[html]
It's chemical the way we love. The way we hate it's quite inhuman
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Syncopate);</style>Caprica D'Angelo
Word Count :: 000

Surrounded by the lingering traces of the pack's scent, she was fazed by the confusing layers into not seeing the waiting wolf until he spoke, when her eyes flew wide open and she span to face him, before relaxing again into a manner so at ease that it would have been hard to believe she could have reacted with such surprise to an approach she must have known was coming. Caprica rarely let her deepest anxiety show, but it was never far away. She felt her heart slow almost to a stop as she gazed at the wolf, casually situated with one hand resting on a branch. There was something about his stance that suggested strength, as if he and the tree were kin in the same way she belonged to the shadowy caverns. And perhaps, ironically, also injury, maybe a tender shoulder - but she saw then that fresh scars danced across his pelt, so indeed he had been hurt. As her eyes roamed the torn and ripped torso and lifted to cerulean eyes, she found herself half-expecting the pupils to be hazy and gone like Alaki's, for this male's left eye was also crossed where some giant blade or claw had found a mark. But his gaze was steady and keen, the eye full of awareness. Caprica was unabashed by being caught in staring, for she did not consider herself as a lower rank because she was an outsider - she was family to this pack, at least for the moment. "Well hey," she spoke with deep, lazy tones, one eyebrow lifting faintly at his blunt what are you doing here, but remaining unflustered. "I hardly know that, myself…" was her drifting answer. "I'm not a new recruit, and I'm not an enemy… just a simple visitor I guess. I'm staying with my daddy for a few days." She gave him a smile lacking conviction, wondering if the handsome male would take offence to her presence. If she got into a fight now, she'd likely be barred from coming back: the option of peaceful retreat closed off to her. No, she didn't want to cause offence and she kept the smile pinned to her face. "I'm Caprica, one of Ehno's daughters," she added in case he didn't know the Marino well. "What are you called, Dreamer?" She had eyes only for him, as yet unaware of the bonfire in progress, or the honey-boxes that stood here and there in the trees.

Image courtesy of fabiogis50

<style>
.GR2_Caprica p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Caprica b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdcbbe; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Caprica {background-color:#160a21; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#413b48; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4205/atable13.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #665d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Caprica .name {text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#121a21 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .lyrics {color:#6e6065; text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6065; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #635d61;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread