A hollow little game//And you've won it
[html]

OOC: Haha you made a typo with Umbra instead of Urma xD. Nox might think we're stealing his character =p

Urma could feel all the desire swell up in her. Naniko was all she'd never be-- friendly, more open, a leader, probably a good mate, at that. And maybe mother as well. "I don't want it to sound mean, so I apologize if it does, but I envy you for being such a nice person. You're a good friend of Pilot's, that's always something to crave for. Not to mention you lead a pack, and by the looks of it you do it so well. I wouldn't even be surprised if you'd be a good mother, that is, if you aren't already." Urma's voice was kind as she said this, because she didn't mean to make Naniko feel bad. She really felt that way, the female had been so welcoming to Urma, who was, afterall, a stranger to the pack. "I have met Sirius." She didn't think it would make much of an impression if she told her she'd first seen him asleep in Pilot's den her first night in Shadowed Sun, so she pushed that detail aside. "One day it was cold and raining, and I was thinking maybe I could keep Pilot some company if he wanted me to, but he wasn't home, and instead I found Sirius." She smiled a bit at the recollection. Sirius had seemed very outgoing, if a bit shy and scared of the weather.

"Apollo?" She tried to remember if Pilot had mentioned anything about another pup. If he had, she had a bit of trouble remembering. "I'm not sure if Pilot mentioned him, but I'm sure he must have. Apollo is Sirius's brother, I take it? I've never met him," she said, wondering whether the pup was also with Shadowed Sun, and if yes, why he wasn't spending his time with his father and brother. But then again maybe Pilot had mentioned Apollo's whereabouts, only Urma had probably been too lost by the novelty of her new home to properly remember the details. "I've never actually assisted to a birth. I don't know how well I'd do, since I'm very easily panicked and worried about everything. That would hardly help someone while they're giving birth, if all I did was fret around instead of helping," she said, a bit let down by herself.

Naniko's next words confused Urma terribly. Pilot's mate had died? Naniko's sister? How could she have been so clumsy? "I'm sorry... No, Pilot doesn't have a mate. I believe so, at least. I only assumed he had since well... Sirius and Apollo are his sons... but now I suppose it was your sister who was their mother? I'm sorry Pilot told me he didn't have a mate only I assumed he must have, what with the pups... I never imagined she died.. I'm very sorry, I had no idea, otherwise I would never have brought it up. It must have a been terrible for you, and for Pilot, and for the little boys too." It hurt her to say this. It was hard talking about death, about loss, about that stubborn state of denial in which the other's disappearance could not be reality. Mörker's death would always mean those things to Urma. No matter how much time passed, she knew he'd always be there, take a different form. She had lost a mate. A lover. Her brother. Her friend. It had been complicated. Her ears flattened against her head, her tail hidden behind her legs. It had been hard, it would always be hard. But she had started putting it behind her. Or rather, further away, in her mind, so she'd hopefully, in time, think of it less and less.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread