A hollow little game//And you've won it
[html]

OOC: Yes, please =D

Urma listened to Naniko describe the musical instrument Pilot used to play and immediately recognized it as being a violin. "I know about those!" she exclaimed, wagging her tail in delight. "There was a group of five wolves in my former pack and they'd do serenades every evening in front of a fire, to lighten the atmosphere, especially after a conflict. One of them played an instrument like the one you described. They seemed so fascinating to me, one day he offered to tell me more about instruments. If I remember it's called a violin. It seemed such an odd name, I know I thought that when he told me. I was small still, and found all new words amusing," Urma explained happily, thinking that maybe if she could find one of those she could repay Pilot at least the smallest bit.

However, as Naniko went on to explain about Dierdre and Pilot, Urma found the joy slowly leaving her. Although monogamy was something rare amongst those in her former pack, Urma had never wanted anyone else beside Mörker. That could have very possibly been because he had always been around her, had seen her grow, and had kept other male wolves at a distance from Urma, even if she hadn't noticed it until later on. She had hardly had any male friends beside Mörker, with the exception of her older brothers. It had only struck her how odd she must have appeared to the wolves of the opposite gender in her pack after Mörker's death, when she found herself alienated from everyone. Although she hadn't felt bitterness or hate towards Mörker for isolating her, somewhat, from any other potential mates, she had always remained one of the few monogamous wolves in her pack.

It was thus that Dierdre having been with another wolf struck Urma as familiar, rather than wrong. She didn't know how most wolves here reacted to having a mate, but back home committing to a relationship hardly ever had to imply just one other person. She guessed however from what Naniko was telling her about the aftermath of Dierdre's decision, that it had had repercussions. She felt sorry for the both of them, even if she didn't know Dierdre. Although Pilot had clearly suffered a great deal, was probably still suffering, who could know what had been in her mind, what loss she must have had to endure herself? Maybe motives weren't clear for why she had done that, and maybe Urma was trying to look at the matter from both sides because to her Dierdre's behaviour brought no novelty from what she was accustomed with. Whatever her thoughts existed for, she knew she could hardly change the matter, or discard it. "I'm sorry to hear that. My former pack seems less and less like the packs here everyday. My parents were Alpha male and female, and they were each involved with the Beta female and male, respectively. These liaisons of theirs were common knowledge to the pack, and obviously a consent between my mother and father. Many of my pack members were known to have more than one mate. The litters that any of my parents would produce with their Beta counterparts would be taken care of by the Betas. However, also as a mute consent, whenever food supply would be scarce the purely Alpha descendants would have priority for survival. When my sister and I were born, only one wolf had survived from the "secondary litter", as it was called. Although I myself have had only one mate, I can say it brought me slightly apart from my pack members." Urma stopped a bit, trying to concentrate on what more she had to say before thoughts of Mörker threatened to demand superiority in her mind. "I'm telling you this as a means of explaining why I'm sorry for Pilot as much as I am for Dierdre. I know it's hard to explain, and I know I'm doing a lousy job myself, so I apologize for that." She took a deep breath and dared a small smile. "I thank you, however, for encouraging me. Maybe, who knows, one day I'll help Pilot get over his troubles, even if I'll do it only as his friend."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread