good fortune
[html]

As Max was sniffing her, Sage held out her arms and looked down at herself, becoming aware of her own scent as it differed from his. It was easier to tell, when she was outside of the pack. These days, she mostly smelled like other animals, but the thick, sweet smoke that surrounded her so often was clear, too. Sighing, she took in his scent, and was instantly reminded of Inferni. It was soot, sulphur, smoke, and salt. It was dark, it seemed to her, and the reminder was almost overwhelming.

Sage made herself smile down again, amber gaze finding his brighter one. "Medicine? Oh, wonderful," she commented brightly, "I'm sure you'll learn quickly. Healing is part lesson and part gift, though, I think. Enkiel's skills are great. I don't think Ichika has a healer as capable." Reflecting on that, she didn't think that Ichika had a trained medic. Her brow furrowed with that thought, considering. Surely the combined knowledge of the pack would suffice for any serious wound. Still, Sage almost missed the chilly jackal. "I like horses, too," she said, smiling off in Lennon's direction. He was still near, grazing happily through dead grasses.

Max's next question seemed to sadden her, and she took a breath to steady her nerves. Here was another she had to think about for a moment. "Yes," she said first, then, "and no." Sighing, she looked to the ground, almost ashamed. But Inferni wasn't what she wanted, either. "My father's gone," she said, and perhaps even that was too much. "It's... not the same..." She trailed off, brought down again by the reality of her situation. If he had left her, who else did she have? The pack, she thought, but the thought was still discomfiting. She was still a new member, and though they acted as though they loved her, they truly hardly knew her. Maybe that was her fault, too.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread