[m, p] our blood, our grace
[html]

(367)

Eris is by Libri!

The dark woman knew some daughters were meant to peer into the fire, others were meant to use the power of the liver, and still others might cast with bones and stones to see their visions. Others still were entirely blind to the spirit-world, but Eris had already learned those with spiritual dullness were not altogether useless: Salvia was one such canine, incapable of delving into the ethereal even with the alembic of psychedelic substances. Yet Salvia was not without value; the dark-haired woman knew this well enough.

In any case, it was not yet proven which of her daughters might listen with a different ear or see the deeper shadows and brighter lights of the world, those otherworld things not all were so lucky to see. Artemisia might yet find herself undergoing an awakening; Eris's own gifts had not been apparent when she was her daughter's age. There was no derision in the ashen-furred youth, however, and Eris would not have responded in kind even if there had been. She was a tolerant mother, preferring to show indifference to whatever fits her children threw.

No, of course not, she said, her own voice entirely lacking in derision. I am never granted such concrete knowledge. Even what I have just seen may not come -- fate is immovable, but canines make their own decisions, the hybrid said, her chartreuse eyes flickering toward Khirot and Darijus. If, for example, one of them chose to revolt by kicking over her weir, it would be a setback to delay the eventual success she so desired. The dark woman did not think such a thing was likely, however. Darijus had learned his lesson and Khirot had been nothing less than complacent within Salsola for his long months of servitude.

Perhaps two more weeks, if the work goes smoothly, she said. This was not a thing of the visions, but my own speculation, she said, having no idea how accurate her prediction was. She was not exceptionally gifted where it came to higher intellectual pursuits, and as she was not extremely well-versed in weir's architecture, the dark-furred coyote could not say with any absolute certainty.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread