[m, p] our blood, our grace
[html]

(321) I loves you. ♥

Eris is by me!

The work was not exceptionally difficult at this point. Most of the largest stones, the foundation of the weir, were already in place, moved by the slaves to their resting place. This structure would last as long as their pack -- forever, long centuries. Khirot had spoken of weirs old even to human civilization, something which intrigued the sable hybrid greatly. The ruins were an old structure, and if Salsola could build things with such longevity, all the better.

Eris continued her work, glancing to Artemisia or the slaves now and again to gauge their progress. All was coming together as planned, and a soaring hope entered Eris. She had done this herself -- no, it hadn't been her idea nor even primarily her labor which had driven this concept into actualization, but it was her motivation. She was the driving factor behind this weir, and she had contributed to Salsola in a very concrete way, one which could not be disputed.

The hybrid touched the edge of the weir with her fingers, bobbing down low in the water. She ran her hands over the smooth stones, sticking her digits into the chinks in the wall, one after the other. She moved slowly down the entirety of the weir as she did this, checking to find any stones which might luxate with an especially strong tide. As she drew back toward Artemisia, her daughter spoke, and the hybrid turned toward her, spreading her arms out in the water.

No, the woman said, honestly. I would worry for you, as your mother, but as the Auxiliary, I cannot let worry interfere with duty. What do you consider? the woman said, cocking her head to the side. She had taken the Reclutador's role, expressly because it afforded her the excuse of wandering the world. The Pescador's role kept her closer to home, of course, but it was a good balance, she thought.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread