I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 205

Tayui greeted her easily, and Vesper skidded to a halt as ears swiveled forward intently to heed her words. Even as she listened, her pale blue eyes scanned the new scars adorning the older she-wolf’s head and neck. She might have sucked her breath in with sympathy, but her sympathy needed no outward display. The fact that she bore so many deep scars herself, scars enough to be seen through her patchwork pelt, would show that she had been in the same place and felt the same pain. A woman of the loner’s years needed no pity; she was strong for surviving as she did.

“Nothing’s wrong,” the coywolf murmured in answer; she would not speak any of Inferni’s secrets, even to someone she held loyalties to. She snorted at mention of the crimson-throated Ichikan, her opinion of him obvious though she’d thankfully not had to deal with him during the raid…

“What happened to you?” Vesper stared at her, remembering seeing her venture deeper into the territory before she’d been distracted by her own side-mission. She’d had to flee quickly after being discovered, and she had not spoken to any of her participating clan mates about the end result. “What happened with the others?”

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread