I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 282 :: http://i.imgur.com/bSDaf.jpg

The coywolf was near daydreaming about her clan, as it wasn’t often that she found someone who shared such pride in it—especially someone outside of the pack. She had been wary of the white-furred woman after her secrets had been exposed by her ghostly-colored sister, but it was strange now to see how much common ground there was between them. She supposed that if Tayui were coyote, she’d fit into the clan, so long as she was being honest about her unorthodox respect for it. Her mind hurt from all these conflicting opinions.

The cheeky remark caught her off guard, and her ears swiveled as if to catch an echo of her voice as her blue eyes blinked once. Her perplexed expression humorously gave way to understanding, and then she snorted and narrowed her eyes with a sideways smirk of her own.

“I’m not cute,” Vesper scolded. She turned in a circle once to showcase her scars and scruffy fur before grinning broadly. “I am ruggedly handsome,” she corrected smugly.

She then took a neat seat on the ground, tail tucked over her paws prim and proper, and looked the woman over with an appraising eye. “I’m sure you used to be cute,” she said with a light jibe at her age, and went on with more open curiosity and interest. “I know Kaena and Inferni have a lot of history, but what about you?” It was not often she asked about someone’s past so directly, as she was cautious about stepping on other’s toes, but Tayui intrigued her in a way few did. She felt it would be worth it to listen to her tale and gain something from it.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread