I know promises fade away
Hiii sorry this got huge ~_~
[html]
[/html]Tayui realize that Vesper hadn’t been expecting a reply like that at all. Tayui also realized that she hadn’t made a comment like that to anyone in years now. She hadn’t realized it, but it was quite possible that Haku had done more damage than she had originally thought. After speaking to Kaena about what Haku had done to her, she had closed herself off from any real emotional contact, fearing that something might happen to her, too. When Vesper regained her footing and then smiled at Tayui, she felt a great weight slide off her shoulders. Tayui grinned back in reply at Vesper’s protest, but being as old as she was, she was quite certain in her beliefs and she knew that Vesper was most definitely ‘cute.’

Tayui chuckled when Vesper claimed her handsomeness. Tayui chuckled once more when Vesper plopped herself down and then added her own assertion. Tayui shook her head in mock horror, as if she were offended at the jibe. She didn’t look that old, now did she? She’d always had such difficulty determining other canine’s ages, since they didn’t age like humans did. But she suspected there was something Vesper had picked up on that Tayui hadn’t thought about. She accepted with with a casual shrug and then replied.

“My girl, if you’re ruggedly handsome, then I’m devilishly dashing,” she replied. “I haven’t changed that much but – I’ve seen quite a bit,” she began, almost awkwardly. She wanted to ask Vesper what she wanted to know, but that would be silly. Vesper couldn’t ask since she didn’t know. So, Tayui began slowly. “This area – these packs – they’re all new. Inferni is the oldest of them all. We came from over the mountain – north – after a fire. I was a member of a pack there: Jaded Shadows. Back then, Inferni was the only coyote clan and it was either wolves or coyotes; there wasn’t much in between. I hadn’t really met any dogs or jackals or mixes like we have now. It was older, closer to the fall of the humans and we were still far more… wild. When I first arrived, there weren’t many of us who could shift – or knew how. I came from farther north, what the humans called Quebec. I left when I was about a year old and found Jaded Shadows. I lived there for three winters. During that time, I met – a number of… wolves and coyotes. That was when I met Kaena for the first time. My pack and her clan didn’t get along very well. We had a – a monster… in our ranks. His name was Salvaged Eternity and he and Kaena – I think they were enemies. But there were a lot of complicated relationships and Kaena and I agreed that when Sal was gone, our packs had no fight anymore.” She frowned as she tried to consider how to explain it all. She realized she had been focusing the story a lot on Inferni, since she had assumed that Vesper would want to know their old history. Maybe not. “Before then – before I met Kaena, I’d had a mate. Her name was Shaeniire Vanim and we couldn’t have any puppies of our own, but we adopted two of them. When Shaeniire died, it all sort of fell apart. It was very sad. I stayed in the pack and—” she frowned, trying to get her timeline in line, “A friend and I, Fatin Kali, became Alphas. You might have heard of her; she and Gabriel were good friends. After the fire, we lost one another and a few of the pack’s members found me. Another friend and I made a new pack, Shadowed Sun, where Anathema is today. It was nice, but we lost too many members when our warrior was killed. We disbanded and I left, heading south. Eventually, I found my old co-leader from Shadowed Sun and we joined AniWaya. But—not before I found another girl of mine – not mine I mean, but a young member of Shadowed Sun – about to die. A coyote—Hybrid Holocaust—he—she, no, she wanted to die and he… he just liked to spread death. I brought her to AniWaya and she eventually became one of the council, helping to lead. After I was a member for a short bit, I had a litter of puppies. My sister found us and I almost had a family again. But Haku Soul – I don’t know if you know him – he murdered one of my daughters. I left AniWaya then and joined Anathema. I needed some sort of redemption. But it wasn’t enough. I found Salsola—and Eris. She had been there that night when Haku killed my daughter—Noir. That’s—that is why I started the whole mess. Sequoia and all of it. I hated Eris so much and after living in Salsola, I had seen what they did. But I couldn’t tell if it was a personal war or not – it was, by the way – but I couldn’t do it alone. I—I’m sory I used you. I just wish—that that slave didn’t need to die for my cause. I just—” She stopped. She didn’t know what else to say. She shrugged. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread