I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 226

Vesper knew a lost argument when she saw one. The scent of the loner filled her nose and her lungs, her dappled chest swelling softly, and she said nothing for a while. Her thoughts raced in the background, pulling up old emotions then stuffing them back into the cracks with old memories. She’d felt like a monster once, too, when Juniper looked at her for that last time. But that had been her fault, and Ves knew she wasn’t a killer now. She hadn’t taken a life since Oliver and wouldn’t ever again if she could help it. She’d recognized that she was at fault but taught herself that she didn’t deserve to hate herself for the rest of her days because of one incident.

She hoped Tayui understood that—and understood that it would take more than a botched rescue mission for Vesper to resent her, especially now.

“You know, you taught me something,” the coywolf whispered, abandoning the fight. “You taught me what I want to fight for. I was never like that… I always looked out for myself and no one else. But I feel like I can have a purpose now.” She grinned cheekily, stretching up to lick her ear. “So maybe we’re even, at least? And I can be your friend and help you because I want to be your friend.”

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread