[p] the sun has come to save me
[html]

(366)

Tlantli is by me!

The male sat up, his appearance not particularly threatening. Tlantli, for her part, made no threat, but crossed her arms in a defensive position, merely looking up at him as he looked down at her. When he responded, both her ears pricked up toward him, and her bright crimson eyes followed his movement, taking a cautious, meaningless step backward. He was still too distant to pose a threat, and her muzzle split into a smile. The flaxen coyote inclined her head in greeting, speaking her own name clearly, but without her own surname, as well: he had not offered his, and she would give no more than he had. It was no shame to avoid the Kimaris name, but it disappointed her faintly nonetheless. She yearned for the day she might proclaim herself Tlantli Kimaris openly.

Tlantli, she said, nodding to him. You are quite the climber, I see, she added, still smiling faintly. I spoke wrong before, then. It was not an apology, for the tawny coyote had committed no wrongdoing worthy of apology. You are more comfortable in the air than on the ground? she pondered. This was nearly as strange as living in caves to Tlantli, but not quite so perverse. Luperci were creatures of the earth, meant to walk on it -- not above or under it. Still, there was no outright derision in her voice -- climbing and leaping as he had was at least a worthwhile skill to possess. The same could not be said of cave-dwelling -- there was no natural advantage to making one's life beneath the dirt, in the dank darkness of the caves where the sun could not reach.

Now that he was closer, she saw his conformation was exceedingly strange -- while his coloration was that of a dog, there was a slimness to his muzzle and a largeness to his ears that seemed coyote, but wrong somehow. The pale coyote likened him to Khirot more than anyone else, though she had never inquired on the tawny slave's heritage and thus did not possess the word "jackal" to describe his species. Her carnelian eyes roved over him unabashedly, finally settling on his rutilant yellow-gold eyes.

<style>
#tlaSiePose {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlaSiePose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlaSiePose p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlaSiePose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlaSiePose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlaSiePose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlaSiePose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlaSiePose b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaSiePose b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaSiePose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread