Of my darkest days
[html]
Awkward daddy be awkward / +420 numbah!

Aoi pulled away from him but remained close by. Even with Miwa he wasn't all the comfortable with skin-ship and playing the role of a father; even after many months he still didn't see himself as a dad, nor did he have a clue to what he was meant to be doing, blindly acting out a role that was thrust upon him and hoping that he didn't screw up for his two daughters sake. It was terrifying for him at times, knowing that what he said and did could effect his kids so greatly, that they looked to him and seemed to think he had all the answer, when at the best of times he barely managed to keep himself in one piece. So far he'd simply been answering this kids questions, sticking to small talk, unable to strike up conversation completely on his own with the girl; so strange she was, he didn't understand what she was thinking, nor did he have any idea where he interests lay. Although he was somewhat sure that Aoi held no interest in fighting and weapons, leaving his choice of subjects slim.

Just as he racked his brain for something to say, yet again the young girl saved him with a question. Pausing he considered her words; Miwa had shown an interest in medicine, learning blades and combat as a hobby instead of a path, he'd known the headstrong girls choice of tier for a while, but this was the first time Aoi had indicated any interest in a particular tier. Well, I guess we have many animals here. Crows and horses being our main stock he thought allowed, running a mental list of what livestock the pack currently possessed With the completion of the stables, all our livestock has been moved over there, so I guess they really only need to be let out to graze, fed, groomed, stools cleaned out. The basic things he responded, having only truly worked hands on with crows before, he was clueless with all the other animals needs. For a start, you can pop down the stables and see if you can lend a hand and you know you are free to help out with the crows he smiled at her warmly; the thought of Aoi involving herself in a project he had started warmed his heart, a strange feeling, but not a bad one. There are also a few communal horses who still need training, so you could start working with them he thought aloud.

<style type="text/css">
.alathang b {font-weight:bold; color:#629791; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0c2b28; }
.alathang p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.alathang {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#405c54; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9EjNo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#192625; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.alathang p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.alathang p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread