I Dreamed a Dream
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Hotaru {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#0a175c; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Hotaru b{color:#e48303; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

Hotaru
Sometimes the light that guides us along our paths, is not something that we can see, but something deep inside of us.

Despite Levent's reassurance that he "remembered the beach," she was still uncertain about following him. Hotaru had no way to correct any directional errors; she was forced to place her complete trust on a total stranger. Needless to say, the blind female was less than thrilled at the prospect. Hotaru hated to be looked down upon or to be pitied. She was strong and could get around just fine by herself...most of the time. Although she enjoyed being doted on by someone she was close to, she disliked the idea of a strange wolf like Levent doting on her. It injured her pride, and in the situation she was in only made his kindness feel like the world was adding insult to injury.

Hotaru was extraordinarily grateful that their walk began in perfect silence. It allowed her to focus on where she was going and on following in his footsteps. Her hulking secui body was just too tired to barrel through the forest. After a long, blissful silence, the male broke the peace with his questions. Hotaru sighed softy, but decided to answer anyways. She owed him at least that much. "Cercatori is a wonderful pack, and I owe them my life. If it wasn't for their inordinate kindness, I... well I doubt I would have survived on my own." Hotaru was normally cautious about her words and what she revealed to others. But she saw no harm in revealing her loyalty to the pack. Her sincerity was deep. Without Skye so generously accepting her, even though she had trespassed, the likelyhood of Hotaru surviving would have been slim. She had only been blind for a short amount of time, and could do little on her own. The safety that d'Arte gave her was enough to allow her to adjust to her dark world.

Red ears flicked forward as Wilson meowed, which was returned by Levent. Hotaru rolled her dark eyes, but said nothing. Bushes began to rustles as the tomcat moved through the undergrowth. One ear tracked Wilson's movements, while the other half-heartedly focused on Levent's footsteps. Unfortunately, the male's pause had gone unnoticed by the blind female and she ran straight into his hindquarters. Hotaru shook her head and growled in frustration. She mumbled an apology while her tail ducked between her legs. Why did she have to be so clumsy?

Wordcount :: +394

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex
[/html]

Messages In This Thread