I Dreamed a Dream
[html]

levfeelslikecrapnow and there is pp with them both walkin' again

The timber wolf snarled at him, and Levent’s ears flattened as he took a few steps back in case she might lash out physically. Her words bit into him, and he suppressed a whimper as he wondered what he’d done wrong. She proved herself to be fiery, short-tempered, thus far—but this carried something darker and heavier behind it. When her tone almost grew hurtful, the woman accusing him of making fun of her, he blinked and stared at her.

Realization dawned on him, slowly, slowly, and his intestines twisted themselves in knots as the heavy knowledge fell upon him. All of a sudden it was like someone had dumped a bucket of cold water on him, and his expression twisted with shame and grief as he stared at her—at those auburn eyes, so beautiful, so normal, blankly facing him.

Hotaru was blind.

He might have smacked himself and cursed himself thrice for a fool, but instead he spoke quietly to her, his voice hushed and thick with emotion, although what emotions came out he didn’t know. “I’m sorry,” he breathed heavily. “You look—I didn’t—I’m sorry.” He had tried not to stammer, but his pauses came out thickly, and he turned slowly in a circle to face away from her. His ears remained pinned against his skull as he took a couple of steps in the direction of her pack, scuffing the earth with his paws so she could hear him.

“I didn’t know,” Levent murmured as a pathetic last excuse, and then finished with, “Let’s go.” He walked like a defeated man might, his head hunched and his tail low, his paws dragging as much from his emotions as to keep her on track. For the rest of the time, he did not speak, except to mention that he was stopping for a moment when he heard Wilson returning. The cat stared at the two of them, puzzled, a shrew dangling from his jaws, but he received no explanation and only followed them as Levent took up the march again.

At last, the smell of salt graced the wind—as much as the Turkish male wanted to shudder at the stench—and one could catch a whiff of the territory markers. He glanced sideways and stopped again, taking a seat on the earth; he could see the great tree that was Cercatori d’Arte’s beautiful landmark, and he was sure that she could find her way now.

“We’re here, Hotaru,” Levent stated, and went silent again.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread