admonition and celebration
[html]

Word Count :: 519

OOC

Seeing Vesper again was wonderful and as they talked Kiara admired her old friend. It seemed to Kiara that Vesper had acquired even more scars, although that could just be her mind playing tricks on her. The proud female who had once been bound to a single form was always getting into fights. Perhaps that was the only difference between them. Kiara didn't really fight, so she had managed to avoid the virus. But Vesper, who had fought often, had become a luperci. Of course, she didn't think any less of Vesper because of the change, but it was a little strange. Other than Alonso and the random male she had once met, the arctic female didn't know any other non-infected canines in Nova Scotia. Was the virus really so hard to avoid? Would Kiara herself one day walk on two legs? Questions raced through her mind as the females rubbed heads again. She let loose a soft wine, and her tail pounded against the snow.

Vesper, a leader? Kiara's snowy jaw dropped in surprise. The white female was in such a state of shock that she barely noticed Vesper's reluctance to share information. "Vesper! That's amazing. I can't believe you have become a beta, er...subleader I mean. Congratulations." Two of Kiara's friends had become leaders. If Aeron and Noah became leaders than Kiara would personally know the leaders in all of the neighboring packs. It was exciting, and she was truly happy for her friend. Personally, she had no desire to become a leader or even a subleader. She didn't like being in charge and her personality was that of a subordinate.

"Thanks Ves." The snowy female's ears turned down almost at the same time as the coywolf's torn ones. Her children would enter the world without the ability to shift. All of their friends would be shifters and everyone else in their pack would have three forms. But not her children. They would be bound to the four legged form. Although Kiara would never voluntarily become infected, her children might. Would they hate her for not being a luperci? It was a frightening thought for the single mother and she shook her head vehemently. Vesper's comment made her smile weakly. "I guess you will. But luperci or not, they will still be my children. They should come around the end of the month. Right on time for the spring showers."

The conversation turned back to X'yrin and Kiara relaxed a little as her troubles vanished from the forefront of her mind. "Things are...different now. X'yrin is having us all learn how to fight...and our ranks have changed...but it's not all bad. Truthfully, I don't know what to think about the changes. The rest of the pack seems confused as well." Although she really liked X'yrin, the sudden change in leadership had confused her and things had grown complicated. Kiara shook her head a little and continued, "I just think it was really sudden, which is why it seems a little weird. Plus there was some turmoil right around the shift in ranks. Luperci things are so complicated."

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread