[aw] may god have mercy
[html]

Hotaru Lives Hotaru TalksHotaru thinks

The strange male's retort made Hotaru want to laugh. He seemed fixated on species as apposed to the meaning of her words. It seemed as if the turn around had offended him, but for all the wrong reasons. Rather than laugh, the tips of Hotaru's lips turned upwards in the faintest hint of a smile. Even if it was dark, she still wore her "mask" in front of others. The grey wolf dipped her head a little, not in a mocking sense but more of a polite bow. "I apologize if I have offended you."

Hotaru wasn't sure is she should be surprised that he had an avian companion, or if she should just automatically expect it. Many canines were accompanied by smaller animal companions, and the avian companions seemed to be very popular. Cats were also a very popular companion, although Hotaru had stumbled upon a dog who kept rabbits as her companions. Judging by what the prideful canine said, it was most likely a raptor of some sort. Fawkes didn't seem distressed so she assumed that the raptor was not close by or was of the carrion variety. The blind wolf raised her muzzle slightly to get see if she could smell the bird. It was slight, but the musky scent of vulture floated in the wind. "That is quite an impressive wing span. A sham I can't see it."

The stranger's question only made Hotaru feel smug and arrogant. The question was spoken out of pride and ignorance. He saw himself as better than a blind wolf, and Hotaru intended to set that right. A smirk briefly crossed the grey wolf's lips and she stepped forward a few steps. With every step she tapped her wooden staff against the side of the cliff. "If you are not afraid of the dark then you are a fool. Unless you are used to wandering around at night, ordinary things can become very dangerous." Hotaru made sure to empashize the phrase, "used to." The blind wolf's message was clear, 'don't underestimate me'. She wasn't one to pick a fight, and even in this case that wasn't her goal. Hotaru simply wanted the respect she deserved and hated to be looked down upon. After all she had been through, she hated to be pitied.

Table by: Alex

<style>
.Hotaru .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Hotaru p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; font-weight:bold; text-indent:25px; color:#FAFAD2}
.Hotaru b {font-family:verdana; color:#efa21b; margin:5px; font-size:12px; text-shadow: #000000 1px 1px 0px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Hotaru {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; align:center; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8990/fireflies.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #d27527; border-radius:8px; }
.HotaruTrans {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... hcraft.png); font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; margin:0 auto; color:#000000;; line-height:16px; width:380px; text-align:justify; opacity:1;
;padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:8px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread