[aw] may god have mercy
[html]

(301)

Ithiel is by me!

Her apology surprised him, as did her lack of continued commentary regarding species. Ithiel was rather used to the subject of heredity being first and foremost in discussion -- if a Scintillan scout encountered a wolf during their expeditions, it was almost certain to come to blows, and frequently came to death. Instead, she was more interested in his bird, commenting on the wingspan and how she could not see it. The man quirked his head at that. She could not see anything -- why would Zedekiah's wingspan be so impressive as to wish for eyes? The man held his tongue easily enough, for he was not typically inclined to waste his time or anyone else's with questions such as that. Curiosity was not a large part of Ithiel; he was content to live as he was without deviation or change.

With her steps forward, Ithiel remained at his post, his carnelian eyes studying the way she moved. It seemed the stick was key to this -- it kept her from wandering over the edge of the cliff, at least. She also had ears, and this certainly helped her determine just where the water was. She was blind, but not altogether isolated from her outside world. He looked up at her face, squinting at her own eyes with scrutiny. Night or day, I wander. It is a scout's duty, he said. In any case, even in the depthless black of midnight, his way was illuminated. I stand aside, miss, if you'd prefer to pass me by. I mean no harm. This was the truth, for the dust-colored coyote did not speak lies. It was dishonorable to do so -- if he could not meet a foe in open battle, he would not seek to accomplish his goal in other ways.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread