[aw] may god have mercy
[html]

(433)

Ithiel is by me!

The dusky man had never considered his surname before: it was stranger than most found in Scintilla, but he had received no teasing thanks to name. He knew it only as the name of his father -- had he known its origins, the place from whence it came, he might have thought differently about much in the world. The de le Poers were French, in truth, and wolves -- both things Ithiel did not know. In his mind, the family began with Gabriel de le Poer -- he was beginning to realize, of course, this could not be true. There were many more before Gabriel, and there would be many more after him -- the number of half-siblings Ithiel knew of could attest to the survival of his father's genes, even if Ithiel and his brother died childless.

The coyote listened with pricked ears as his companion spoke. He knew nothing of her pack -- they were strangers to him entirely. Perhaps if he had paid more attention to the politics of his own pack, he would not be in the dark. Then again, it was apparent neither of them were arranging a trade just then -- if, upon returning to Inferni, he discovered there was some ill between Inferni and Cercatori d'Arte, he was not contractually obligated to fulfill the trade, was he? He considered this and other things for a moment before responding. In the end, he decided reneging on a trade agreement, however vague, was akin to lying and betraying someone: a thing Ithiel was not willing to do. If he were to agree to this, he must make certain he could uphold his end of the bargain, even if it offered a chance for this wolf and her pack to take advantage of him.

I believe my Aquila would approve of such a trade, and my cousin makes many things -- leather, pelts, clothes, even bags. He considered her with his sharp red eyes. I cannot agree, not completely, until I know I can fulfill my end, though. I cannot offer to trade my cousin's wares, and I think it would be wise for me to make sure of Inferni's openness to such a trade. Your pack -- it is the one, west, south-west from here? When I find these things out, I will bring you what my cousin gives me -- if she agrees, he offered. It was strange, making a trade, and Ithiel did not know if he did so correctly. A faint apprehensiveness gurgled within him. Warrior he was, these unusual social situaions were more harrowing than battle itself.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread