[p] so sharpen your teeth or lay flat
[html]

(313)

Myrika is by Kiri!

The red-haired hybrid knew all about where Ithiel had grown up. While the man was hesitant to speak on personal subjects, he was not shy where it came to Scintilla -- he had, after all, given her more information than she could have dreamed possible about the practice of hanging skulls from their borders. His perspective on that practice was useful, but perhaps not entirely relevant to Inferni. She had taken it into consideration nonetheless, and included it as a footnote in the historical book she'd been writing tirelessly. It was nearly done -- she had nearly arrived at the present day, and she was just some weeks off from finally finishing, or so she hoped.

The woman inhaled a sharp breath, considering. She did not know whether the dust-colored coyote was inquiring because he thought it was expected of him -- she did not expect it of him, but perhaps politeness dictated he ask -- or because he was genuinely interested. I grew up on the outskirts of a village. It wasn't really a pack. There were coyotes and wolves and hybrids there -- I know how you feel about wolves, don't make that face -- but we weren't really members of the group. She shrugged, finally tying the little leather strap around her wrist. She ran the opposite hand through her hair several times, grimacing now herself.

I had friends when I was little, but as I was growing up... well, I'm not pretty now, but it was worse then. My ears were too big for my head, and my paws, too, she said, laughing nervously. Now she looked straight at the ground in front of her, frowning. My friends stopped playing with me and were soon... not my friends, she said, fidgeting. They made fun of me a lot. This last was spoken quietly, and she shrugged her shoulders.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread