[p] so sharpen your teeth or lay flat
[html]

(304)

Ithiel is by Kitty!

Ithiel looked at her, though he masked his incredulity as best he could. He did not understand, first and foremost, why one with such skills as Myri had would be concerned with appearance. He truly did not comprehend this anxiety of his cousin's, and it must have shown on his face, somehow, for her own look sharpened. Ithiel tried to speak at the same time she did,, but her voice drowned out his own, and he acquiesced his voice to the lady's quickly enough.

You don't understand that? she demanded. It hurts to have friends turn their backs on you, hurts worse to have them purposefully try to harm you, she said, her voice rising with anger. Ithiel reached out a cautious hand and placed it on her forearm. He did not like to touch others without permission and in general, really, but he wished to soothe the sharpness that had risen in her voice, and he saw no other way.

No, he said, quietly. I don't understand why an adult would allow children to hold them back so. I don't understand why one with the skills you have -- horses, writing and reading, your leather-work -- would be burdened by the taunts of children from years past. There was uncharacteristic gentleness in his voice, and the anger on the tawny coyote's face drained away slowly. I am your cousin and I cannot call you pretty, but you are not ugly, either, he said, shifting his weight awkwardly. God forbid she gets the wrong idea, he thought. He was not at all versed in the ways of women, and the last thing he wanted to do was fend off an advance from Myrika. Why do you let them trouble you so much? he asked. I truly do not understand.

<style>
#ithielKitty {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielKitty p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielKitty p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielKitty .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread