Why, O Why, Little Brother?
[html]
They're so ignorant, they don't understand. You were always longing for a chance, To abandon this wasteland and never have to pretend everything's okay.
Word Count :: 354 :3

A sense of loss filled him, he'd known from the start he didn't stand a chance at convincing her; she was too stubborn. Each word of her pierced him, invisible injuries that caused him agonising pain that he could not describe to anyone, it was as if with each word a piece of his heart was pulled away leaving a gaping hole. “Please” he whispered fruitlessly whispered again, “Why does it have to be him, why can't you choose to stay with me? Don't I mean anything to you, throwing all there promises and affections at him and abandoning your family, that just ain't right and you know it!” his eyes were wide, filled with unhidden emotion and foolish underlying hope. No matter how pointless he knew his pleading was, he couldn't give up or shake away the small hope that there was still a chance for her to see straight, to be enlightened by his logic.

Having never loved another, her words seemed all to wishful and fanciful; a promise to love and stay behind someone that stole her from her family simply didn't seem worth being kept in the young Nishant's mind. As she leaned into him, burrowing her face in his chest his taller frame shook, for regardless of his size he was still young at heart and the one before him was his older sister and she always would be. “Please” he whispered again, the words catching in his throat a little and coming out as more of a whimper then an actual word. “Why would I come here? To these caves? There is nothing I could want here that I don't have already and I won't abandon home like you. Please, just come home, please”. It was one last attempt to convince her, his arguments had run dry and emotion overwhelmed his logic, “Why is it impossible for you to understand this isn't your home, I want you more then her does, I need you more then he does. Come home. Don't leave me there one my own with mum. I, I can't, sis, please. Come home, for me?”

Image courtesy of Joachim S. Müller

<style>
.RedGliAhi p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.RedGliAhi b {font-family:verdana; color:#c62308; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#987c55 1px 1px 2px;}
.RedGliAhi {background-color:#e7d892; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#060404; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8605/ahiga2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.RedGliAhi .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.RedGliAhi .name {text-align:center; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.RedGliAhi .lyrics {color:#000000; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.RedGliAhi .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread