in the night, i hear 'em talk
[html]

Cerberus noted the fae's upset and retreat with an oddly heavy heart, and as a result, his jaws immediately snapped shut. He felt as if he'd offended a very dear friend and had to make amends right away, but as far as he knew, there was no reason for him to be feeling such things. Sitting carefully upright, he nursed his affected arm with a gentle tongue and then gazed off in the woman's direction. His mismatched eyes remained on her scarred face for quite some time before he decided this was not a woman he should attempt to court, so he resorted to absentmindedly nudging his nose against her mottled shoulder instead. My apologies miss, he said, a short chuckle trickling out after his words, I didn't mean to scare away your lunch, and CERTAINLY didn't mean to scare away mine. He stared off in the direction the sheep had fled, and then lazily looked back on the other hybrid. With visible interest, she inquired of his injuries, and Cerberus felt his heart nestle down into his stomach. For a moment, he'd actually managed to forget the whole ordeal. But he knew he didn't have to explain the whole situation...he could be brief. That is, if his emotions would allow him to keep them bottled up and keep his tongue tied.

With a dismissive wave of his untainted paw and a light haughtiness to his voice, he said, Ah, just had a bit of a run-in with a cranky mother bear. You don't go sniffing around her children if you don't want to end up like this. He chuckled again, though this time in a conspicuously half-hearted manner, and Ceri immediately averted his eyes. He knew, of course, that he had been very lucky to end up the way he had. But Blind...ah, what a terrible idea it was to even answer the she-coy's question.

The boycoy's chest tightened and his torn face contorted as he used every ounce of will power he had to keep from crying. Men don't cry, men don't cry, he repeated in his mind. But men could cry, if they'd formed such fast friendships with such unforgettable creatures and lost them soon after. With a perturbed flick of his tail, he faked another chuckle and peered down at the woman's feet. He hardly knew this canine; he wouldn't crumble in front of her. What about you? he asked, trying to change the subject. His voice cracked at the end of his question, however, and he hoped the fae wouldn't notice. You look like you've been in far worse scuffles than I. A thick swallow slithered down his throat then, and he shifted his weight as he slowly regained his composure. Thank heavens for his ability to dance around the truth, he thought.

Yes...yes indeed.

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread